Frequently Asked Questions about Acupuncture
Who needs acupuncture and oriental medicine?
Do I have to “believe” in acupuncture for it to work?
What does Acupuncture treat?
Chinese medicine has proven to be exceptionally effective in treating: (list provided by the World Health Organization)
- Women’s Health: Menstrual Irregularities, Menopause, Natural Fertility Enhancement Pregnancy, Childbirth, Lactation Difficulties,
- Post Partum, ovarian pain, and some uterine problems.
- Men’s Health: Prostate
- Pediatrics: Asthma, Digestive Problems, Sleep and Behavioral problems
- Pain Relief: headaches, TMJ, Back Pain, Sciatica, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Post-operative Recovery, Palliative Care.
- Digestive Disorders: Indigestion, Constipation, IBS, Urgent Bowel movements
- Mental Health: Depression, Anxiety, Stress Mangement
- Preventative Health: Prevention, Stress Managemnt, Wellness
There are other ailments acupuncture can treat. Call (360) 852-7137 with questions about your specific condition.
Does it hurt?
Once the needle is inserted there may be a mild sensation of heaviness, achiness or tingling in the area of insertion. This is normal and even beneficial in many conditions. However, it is very rare that a patient describes this sensation as painful.